Re: CULT:REB: mulch

Bill - I'm not disagreeing with the 'blooms when mature enough' concept,
only saying that rebloomers don't start to bloom here until soil
temperatures cool off a bit from summer highs.  I have watered enough to
keep them growing, but they just won't budge till it cools a bit.

Several years ago, there were some posts about night respiration rates
of ?MDBs? being higher that daytime photosynthetic rates, so they just
dwindle away where summer nights are too warm.  Wouldnt' surprise me if
that balance has to tip with cooler night time temps to initiate

I wonder what nightttime/dawn soil temperatures are in summer in
California?  Here, they are above 70oF.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8