Re: CULT: B. Y. Morrison Project

On 23 Dec 2002 at 11:47, John I Jones wrote:

> The arrticle appeared in Vol 209 pg 52  - April '73 (thank you to the
> online index)

> Bed Preparation for Bearded Iris
> The second of the B. Y. Morrison Research Projects, done at
> Mississippi State University, is off the press . . .

I knew when I opened this message of John's and read the BYM article  that it was
not the one I had reference to.

Notice, the article John scanned is the 'second.' (See above).

The online index John used (which I don't know how to get to) should have brought
up Issue # 192, January 1969, pp. 105-109,  about mulching (with several black and
white pictures).

The second article would naturally make more sense if the reader had the first
article, so with this information I have just supplied, maybe John could go back and
scan the first.    Also, thie article in the AIS bulletin makes more sense than the
report published by the Extension Service.   I don't think anybody needs both unless
you are doing 'scholarly research.'

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 ( Saw a nice picture of Phil Williams at age 16 in the 'Teens
and Twenties' Section of this 1969 Bulletin, a forerunner to the Youth Section, I
guess.  Now to put the Christmas tree and all of the decorations back where they
were after getting into the bookcase to get these bulletins!  Hernia, martyrdom, etc.,