Re: Re: CULT: mulch (pine needles)

In a message dated 12/26/2002 11:15:05 AM Central Standard Time,
ellengalla@yahoo.com writes:

> p.s. bales of pine straw must be in other parts of the country -
> I just load up my car with bushel baskets and clean up under the
> pine trees (always asking if the trees are on someone's land -
> the owners are usually delighted..they consider them to be an
> eyesore and saves them the raking).

Lazy Bill drives the streets of Tupelo on ocassions in the spring and loads
the bags already raked and bagged by residents. Sadly he has never attempted
mulching irises with it. Only daylilies and other perennials. Now he has
vowed to attempt irises.......maybe, if the lazy goes away. For sure if the
curiosity overtakes.

Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society