Growing iris in pots

I have a multi-part question for gardeners in areas where iris can only
be grown in pots:

1)       How successful is pot culture?

2)       How hard is it to get most cultivars to grow in pots? (I know
most iris cv's that I grow don't like pot culture)

3)       What kind of potting media do you use?

4)       What size(s) of pot(s) do you use?

5)       Do nurseries in your areas attempt to sell iris in pots?

Thanks in advance!

--Kelly D. Norris