Re: Re: CULT: mulch (pine needles)

--- laurief <laurief@paulbunyan.net> wrote:

>>>  I wonder how pine needles would hold their position when
flooded?  I get mighty tired of having to reposition all the
mulch after every rain. <<<

The way I use my pine needles around the beardless 'sometimes'
requires repositioning. :-( But I do not have whole beds mulched
 since I have mixed beds. I have a ton of lilium in most every
bed and I do not mulch them...ever.

Ellen Gallagher     <ellengalla@yahoo.com>
Berlin, NH/Northern White Mountains/Zone 3