Re: CULT: How I feel about the great unknown

In a message dated 12/14/2002 2:05:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
judyhunt1@bellsouth.net writes:

>  And because most of my
> unknowns are historics, I embrace the alluring possibility that my beds
> may cradle rare treasures from the past that exist only here

Hi Laurie,
    I know how you feel, years ago writing an article on apples I realized
that the ones that made my grandma's pies so fabulous were possibly the only
ones of their kind.
Somewhere in the research it talked about the trees cross pollinating and
such to create a unique variety of apple that might only grow in that area.
 I felt lucky to get those terrific pies as a child and I can still taste
that one of a kind tart/sweet filling.
Yum!

Janet Natale
zone 8 of Sc, frost but warmer now.