Re: Re: CULT: Growing iris in pots (and in the ground :-)

-- Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net> wrote:

>>> Ellen, which of Keppel's do the best for you?  Not that it
would apply here, just curious. <<<

Linda, Keppel's Medians (principally IBs) do the best. I am
going by memory but here is a smattering. No TBs listed here:

LOW SPIRITS (BB) - Great performer and a lovely flower...colors
are pinkish and purple (luminata) which is a "come look at ME"
in the garden. (and people do ;-)

DUBLIN (IB) - pink and looks gorgeous.

LONDONDERRY (IB) sib to DUBLIN - great performer here - one of
my favorites - very reliable - pinkish

GALWAY (IB) - another sib to DUBLIN (another pink) - ok
performer here.

FRUIT COCKTAIL (IB) - does well and is a pretty meld of colors.

MASKED BANDIT (IB) - I just looked this up in Keith's cat. to
see how he described it. Hmmm. In my soil, it strikes me as a
'brown' but KK says it is "wineberry plicata banding" on
lemon.... either way, it is attractive and very hardy and a
reliable bloomer.

PERFUME SHOP (IB)- This bloomed in 2001 but not in 2002..I
bought it because I like fragrances. This one I can't describe
simply because my memory is inundated with lots of flowers. But
when it bloomed, I was pleased with it (since I remembered it
:-).

PROTOCOL (IB) - my personal favorite. Always blooms nicely and
always looks better than I thought. Who couldn't love a darling
yellow amoena?

TANTRUM (IB) - This is something else. Great grower and bloomer
here.   I love it. Ok, another plic. but different looking. Have
to see it to appreciate it.

RINGER (SDB) - This is a stupendous little one.  Interesting
plicata from the plicata man. Keppel's cat. (and probably the
checklist which is upstairs) describes it as: plum brown
plicata, falls centered bright cadmium lemon. It grows right
outside my side entrance and it greets us as we leave/enter the
house. Charming.

ZERO (SDB) - A pure white SDB including beards and another
reliable bloomer.

Ellen

=====
Ellen Gallagher     <ellengalla@yahoo.com>
Berlin, NH/Northern White Mountains/Zone 3