Re: TB: Set To Music

What's the current definition of well-formed standards?  You're on record as
being picky.  This is a feature not often discussed and I have pronounced
preferences in this area.  Probably out of step with current standards, too.
That won't be anything new!
Donald Eaves

Hey, notice I didn't say "well formed", but "better than many of his earlier
Years ago, most of Blyth's neglectas had fairly open standards, which I
dislike.  The standards on Set To Music are closed and nicely ruffled, but are
more straight than I prefer.  I love ruffles everywhere, but I also love the
classic domed standards where the beard is displayed within a half-egg shaped
opening with the top of the standards meeting.  Relatively few iris feature
the best of both worlds.  I have a nice purple-on-white dark-topped plicata
seedling which has a very nice domed form and pleasing (though not profuse)
ruffles.  If I can increase it up enough I may try to figure out how to
introduce it someday.

John Reeds

-Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com