From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of Steve
Szabo
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 9:38 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: [iris] REF: Scouting Plants

Plant Information Online
https://plantinfo.umn.edu/arboretum/default.asp

Produced by the University of Minnesota Libraries, Plant Information
Online
is intended for just about anyone with a green thumb, or those who want
get their thumbs a bit greener.  Visitors to this fine database will
find
details on over 134,000 wild and cultivated plants, along with
information
on over 2200 North American retail and wholesale seed and nursery firms.
>From the homepage, visitors can search the plant database by scientific
or
common name, and they can also take a look at the search tips for a bit
more
guidance.  Additionally, the site also contains links to selected
websites
that feature both images and more detailed regional data on thousands of
plants.  After locating plants of interest, some visitors may wish to
browse
through the nursery database for tips on locating the closest place for
geraniums, hydrangeas, and other such forms of vegetation.

OK, so much for the write up in the Scout Report. I checked it out and
if you enter an iris name, you will be lead to at least one source (at
least all the ones I tried) for obtaining said iris. Unfortunately, I
did not get any text or image references for the ones I tried. FWIW, if
you have other interests plant-wise, this database also covers them.

\\Steve//
No. Virginia, Zone 6/7