Re: CULT: rebloom: Tenting tonight

Thanks, Mike -- I think the most difficult part is yet to come, as the stalk lengthens and the freezing nights become freezing days, as well. I was able to expose it to light for about an hour this morning before the snow began to fall. I'd prefer to let it have both the light and the moisture, but the temperature is hovering too close to the freezing mark for my comfort, so I've re-covered it. Light snow continuing and not melting. About an inch on the ground so far. Hopefully, we'll have a snowy winter that will build up some of our depleted water tables. -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: "sutton's iris gardens" <info@suttoniris.com>
To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: [iris] CULT: rebloom: Tenting tonight

Good luck with that Griff....hope it doesn't get too cold for you. We are done, too many nights in a row below 30F, even tenting and bucketing doesn't work at this point. Sounds like you saved the one, hope it is a nice flower.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>