HYB: SDB: maybe rebloom

Thought you might be interested, Loic - I showed my sister, who lives in Athens, Georgia, how to do some pollen daubing when she was here visiting spring 2006. She put pollen from BABY BLESSED on NEGRA MODELO.

The flowers she put pollen on did not set pods, but I repeated the cross a few times after she left and eventually it set a pod, tho I did <not> tag it, so am not positive it was from BB pollen. But not much else was in bloom at the time.

Both NM and BB are strong and healthy here, NM is a pretty heavy bloomer, BB less so. NM has never rebloomed, BB does sometimes.

For my b'day (this week), she sent me starts of the two surviving seedlings, which have fluorished (well, at least survived) outdoors in Athens, in spite of drought, outdoor water restrictions, and no supplemental water!

They haven't bloomed for her yet, but certainly have some of those good survivor genes!

Not at all sure what color to expect - white, yellow, blue, black, with fall spot....??

They don't look like they are big enough to bloom by spring, but <if> they bloom, I will see what kind of rebloom TB pollen I can come up with for you.

NEGRA MODELO (George Sutton, R. 1998), Sdlg. G-85-B. SDB, 13" (33 cm), EM & RE "Ruffled black and violet blend, F. with black thumbprint; beards blue violet, bronze in throat; slight sweet fragrance. Sigh X Chanted. Sutton 1999 BABY BLESSED(L. Zurbrigg, R. 1979), Sdlg. K 1 A. SDB, 10" (25 cm), E & RE (Sept & Oct in VA). Light yellow with small white spot on F.; cream beard. Baby Snowflake X Twice Blessed. Avonbank 1979 HM 1981, AM 1986, Cook-Douglas 1989.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8