Re: HYB: SDB: maybe rebloom

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Linda Mann
  To: iris@hort.net
  Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 10:14 PM
  Subject: [iris] HYB: SDB: maybe rebloom

  Thought you might be interested, Loic - I showed my sister, who lives in
  Athens, Georgia, how to do some pollen daubing when she was here
  visiting spring 2006.  She put pollen from BABY BLESSED on NEGRA MODELO.

  The flowers she put pollen on did not set pods, but I repeated the cross
  a few times after she left and eventually it set a pod, tho I did <not>
  tag it, so am not positive it was from BB pollen.  But not much else was
  in bloom at the time.

  Both NM and BB are strong and healthy here, NM is a pretty heavy
  bloomer, BB less so.  NM has never rebloomed, BB does sometimes.

  For my b'day (this week), she sent me starts of the two surviving
  seedlings, which have fluorished (well, at least survived) outdoors in
  Athens, in spite of drought, outdoor water restrictions, and no
  supplemental water!

  They haven't bloomed for her yet, but certainly have some of those good
  survivor genes!

  Not at all sure what color to expect - white, yellow, blue, black, with
  fall spot....??

  They don't look like they are big enough to bloom by spring, but <if>
  they bloom, I will see what kind of rebloom TB pollen I can come up with
  for you.

  NEGRA MODELO (George Sutton, R. 1998), Sdlg. G-85-B. SDB, 13" (33 cm),
  EM & RE "Ruffled black and violet blend, F. with black thumbprint;
  beards blue violet, bronze in throat; slight sweet fragrance. Sigh X
  Chanted. Sutton 1999
  BABY BLESSED(L. Zurbrigg, R. 1979), Sdlg. K 1 A. SDB, 10" (25 cm), E &
  RE (Sept & Oct in VA). Light yellow with small white spot on F.; cream
  beard. Baby Snowflake X Twice Blessed. Avonbank 1979 HM 1981, AM 1986,
  Cook-Douglas 1989.
  Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

  message text UNSUBSCRIBE IRIS