Re: OT-BIO: Im back

Looks like we're having a great move to the Southeast! With Jeffrey in Region 5 and Robert and Michelle heading to North Carolina, as well as a couple of others who have located in the Carolinas in the last few years. Those of us in Region 4 will be looking forward to welcoming Robert and Michelle. Our spring regional meeting and show will be at Winchester, VA, May 23-24. Has either of you (Robert and Michelle) received the Region 4 Newscast? We have an issue about to come out. Contact Anita Moran, our editor avmoran1@earthlink.net, to put you on the list to receive it. Also, you may want to be in touch with Mac Shawe, our membership chairman urysh_we@verizon.net. -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robt R Pries" <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [iris] OT-BIO: Im back

Michele;

I too am moving my Iris garden to NC. I have a piece
of property and am building a house on it. The soils
in North Carolina do not seem anything like what I
have been used to in Missouri so I too am learning. My
new house is in Roxboro abour 30 miles north of
Durham. So far I have on;y planted one Iris which I
recieved as a gift while there. I am trying to move
many Irises in pots in the moving van so I won't miss
an Iris season but I am not sure how well that will
work. I have plans for starting a new breeding
program. I have already met several NC Iris growers
and I am sure it will be great fun there. Look forward
to seeing you at one of the Iris clubs.

Bob Pries.

--- Michelle Verville <flowrgirl1@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello all,
    I used to be here a few years ago.  I was in
high school when i first signed up.

  I moved from MI to NC recently.  A whole new
garden game here Im learning.

  I had to leave my garden in MI for now.  When we
purchase a house we will go get my garden:)  I have
around 400 varieties of tb's.  I intend to do a
small amount of hybridizing in the spring.  Once my
new gardens are established I plan to start a
breeding program very seriously.

  I look foreward to learning some more from all you
folks.

Michelle