REF: HYB: Seed and Germination Posts in Archives

I thought as I had a few minutes to kill I'd take a whack at finding some things on seeds in the Archives. Michelle was asking about germination, our other new member--hello, there!--is asking about seeds,?and, as Linda says, the list search thingie has been wonky of late.

I?suggested to?Michelle a couple?of days ago?what I thought might be a few?useful search terms, and I just tried?several myself in light of Linda Mann's most recent post. Here?are some results, obtained only a few minutes ago. I might note in passing that I noticed Linda had some interesting things to say around?13 Feb. 2004.

Using "germination" as the search term, and specifying all years, and 250 hits yielded the response that there were 1494 posts?relevant to the term. 250?displayed.?So, if you break that down by a couple of years to be searched each time, you can get some information that should be right on point.

Using?the following terms, with all the years selected, and 250 hits specified yielded:

"stratification"?= 176 hits
"inhibitors" =??142
"tank" = 192 (these tend to be the toilet tank soak method posts)
"baggie" = 165 (but not all were about germination)
"burrito" = 567?

Anyway, the search engine is behaving better. I think.

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA Zone 7?