  From: Linda Mann
  To: iris@hort.net
  Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2007 12:18 PM
  Subject: [iris] Re: HYB: most important lesson (was OT-BIO: Mel Cross)

  Serendipity is more important than planning! ;-)

  Second most important thing is: don't give up.  Included in this is:
  listen to advice that others give, but don't <necessarily> follow it ;-)
    Also included is: if something doesn't work as well as you want it to,
  quit beating your head against the wall and try something else.
  Experimenting/exploring is often more fun than knowing what to expect!

  Third is...
  Well, you asked for the <most> important thing.  I have learned from and
  been inspired <so> much by this bunch of helpful people, including those
  who don't like to post, but have contacted me offline.  My first
  introduction should be named "IRIS TALK" ;-)

  "What is the most important thing you have learned about hydridizing?"
  --
  Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8