Re: OT-BIO, Mel Cross

Mel; Welcome.

I believe in two things in hybridizing. First, issues
concerning the physiology of the plant are usually
carried on by the pod parent. If you are looking for
disease resistance and growth habits choose your
mothers wisely.
Second; If you are out crossing instead of line
breeding, be sure to self your first generation
seedlings to see what recombination of characters will
take place in the second generation. That is where I
would expect the best breakthroughs.
hybridizing is exciting but also exasperating. Good