Re: HYB: Germination: Pots: Mechanics

In a message dated 12/16/2007 9:13:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
autmirislvr@aol.com writes:

With  this method, I can pursue other activities during the winter and not
worry  about my seed rotting in the frig!? <vbg>?

Not to mention there is something satisfying, mystical, if I may use that
word, about watching Nature take her course-- if you can afford  to risk the
seeds, and don't need to accelerate the generations. As I told  Michelle,  I
always leave pots of anything that needs a chill outside to  get it. Not to
mention I need the frige for food, especially this time of year  when it seems like
I am baking for half the human race. I don't presoak the  seeds I'm leaving
out to stratify.
There is some risk, not only from the elements. As I have said  before, leave
them out with Mother Nature, her rains, and her snows, over the  winter, but
protect the pots from her squirrels and mice, though, for she  has an interest
in their survival, as well as that of the irises.  She probably also has more
seeds than you do.
Betty, I've observed your mail showing AOL text  anomalies. It may be useful
for you to know that I have no problems--- that  I know of--- when I post per
routine from my desk, but I do when  posting from another computer at a remote
location, logging on to  AOL with my password, and using the basic--and
really idiotic--interface and  settings there.
Back to work.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA Zone 7, where the alleged susiana seedling now has two
withering leaves, but no root.