To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2007 3:34 AM
Subject: [iris] COMP spelling

Hello Griff.

I've noticed that accents, apostrophes and dieresis ( two dots) , as well as other colours than black, or different from Times-New-Roman types of fond are
not accepted on Iris-talk, and are replaced by other signs that make the
sentences look odd.
Same odd thing with the iris registration data on line.

When on iris-photo, each sign appears like it has been typed.

I would like to know why such a difference.

If anyone could give some information about this phenomenon, it would help
Irish or French speakers understand this phenomenon.

Looc