pumila spot

I agree with Robyn that there are none of Barry Blyth's TB irises (and no
others that I know of) with a true pumila spot. I discussed this at length
with him in october, as I was desperately trying to set seed on a median (HUM
X AB seedling) that exhibits a nice clear pumila spot. The medians that i can
think of, that are fertile include Lyrique, Ingenious, Besotted, Soul Sound. I
have bred from all but besotted, with limited success, and like Barry, no luck
with the next generation on (yet?)
Martin doesn't mention if he is breeding TB's or medians. If he crosses 2
irises with the pumila spot we can assume he means dwarf, or possibly IB's and
if the cross is successful then all seedlings should carry the pumila marking
Cheers, Jan Sparks in Aus
What are you waiting for? Join Lavalife FREE