Re: HYB: MED: Intermediate Bearded Iris and Fertility

In a message dated 12/18/2007 9:34:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sherry@keystonecrossroads.com writes:

<<I am very much looking forward to trying IB on IB crosses and  using these
little guys for further hybridizing.

Hi, there.

I hope you will continue along this line. Many of us, especially  those with
an interest in historic irises as well as modern, are  very fond of the
proportions of the IB. Some of them make really  nice garden plants in places where
lthe arge irises are out of scale,  and, blooming a bit earlier, they can be
very useful, indeed, in areas  where TB season often brings really hot windy
days to reduce large  blossoms to something pretty demoralizing.

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA Zone 7