Re: Intermediate Bearded Iris and Fertility

It is always interesting reading about other peoples success with crossing
IB's to TB's, SDB's or AB's. (Is anyone else using AB's?) It has been a few
years now, and what I really want to read about is how much success people are
having with the next generation?
So far, I have nothing to report here from crosses made to the offspring of IB
crosses. I have had some nice babies from the original crosses, although many
give too big blooms on short stems, or IB sized blooms on long stems lacking
branching. As I tend not to breed from the rubbish blooms, maybe I am not
sufficiently testing the water?
Please tell us of your experiences of second generation crossings.
Cheers, Jan in Aus, where the hybridising year is at the seed collection
New music from the Rogue Traders - listen now!