Fw: Intermediate Bearded Iris and Fertility

this mail bounced back
----- Original Message -----
From: loic tasquier
To: iris@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: [iris] Intermediate Bearded Iris and Fertility

Hello Jan

The second generation crosses are only seeds and are waiting for spring in
pots now!

They are:
20 seeds from ((Oriental Baby x Baby Bengal) X I'm Back),
9 seeds from (( Bel Azur x Batik) X Batik ),
10 seeds from (( Morning Show x Yoyo) X Sweetly Sung) ,
12 seeds from ((Sunshine Boy x Rabbit's Foot) X Only Fooling) ,
17 seeds from ((Sunshine Boy x Rabbit's Foot) X (Pele x Hot ) ,
6 seeds from ((Baby Bengal x Tiger Honey) X ( Oriental Baby x Baby Bengal) ,
1 seed from (( Finsterwald x Grecian Skies ) X ( Eitje )),
9 seeds from (( Finsterwald x Grecian Skies ) X ( Snow Spoon x Northern Jewel
)) ;
17 seeds from (( Honey Glazed x Cayenne capers ( X (Pele x Hot )) ,
and finally 18 seeds from ( Hell Cat x Romantic Evening ) X ( What Again)) .

Fingers crossed!

Northern Jewel is registered as an IB. With no parentage.
I personnally consider it as a BB: It is SO pollen fertile (as well as pod
fertile) and gives extremely good shape. So i hadn't put it in the list.
i have seedlings from it. (Attached with this same mail on iris-photo)
I am very confident with the second generation of Northern Jewel seedlings :
Look at Paul Black's Arctic Wind, Dolce and Be my Baby, they all  have 1/4
Northern Jewel.

That all i can do for the cause of IBs this year...!

Can't wait for spring to see it there is any germination!!!

Looc
       Looc TASQUIER
       zone 7 - Nederland
 Email : tasquierloic@cs.com