Re: REF: help - SAKAI NO OGON

In a message dated 12/20/2007 11:40:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lmann@lock-net.com writes:

Got a  note from someone asking for descriptive info for SAKAI NO OGON
introduced  by Akira Horinaka. He advertised it in the June 2005  bulletin.

The Bulletin is dated for July, 2005, not June, and I have it  right here.

On page 73f., we find, in the article called Interspecies Hybrids:  Looking
Back on My LIfe, by Horinaka:

"Maeda in Osaka introduced SAKAI NO KOGANE . He obtained this  cultivar  by
subjecting seeds (from a cross of I. pseudacorus X I. ensata  KYOKUSUI NO UTA)
to radiation.The resulting seedlings were tetraploids  (amphidiploids). Only
one of 100 of 1000 seeds germinated [. . .] and only the  best one of the 100
was introduced, as SAKAI NO KOGONE in 1998.It ws the  most vigorous of its
pseudacorus; [. . . ] It produces 20 plus flowers and blooms for a  long period.[. .
..] If you would like to obtain SAKAI NO KOGANE you can  contact me."

Flipping through, I dont see a freestanding ad. Very interesting issue.  Many
distractions I had a piece in there which was added to the AIS  webpage.

I hope this is what is needed...

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA 7