CULT: Rebloom: Tenting tonight

I'm happy to report that the "tenting" of 064F1 (which I mistakenly referred
to as 064G1 in my last posting about it) has been quite successful.  The
stalk, which experienced its first freeze when it was just emerging from the
fan in mid-November, was 25 1/2" tall when I cut it this morning.  It has
survived numerous nights below freezing, including as low as 21 above.  It had
a little more than 1/2" of color showing this morning, and now, after being
inside all day, more than an inch.  I was tempted to continue tenting it until
it bloomed, but the forecast of both heavy rain and fierce winds for today
convinced me to bring it in.  (The object, after all, has been to see the
flower, not to establish a record for late bloom.  Thus far, my fall maiden
bloomers have not bloomed the following spring, though they do so once a clump
is established.)  At the rate it's going, I think it may fully open a day or
two after Christmas.  I'll have to remember to harvest pollen.

The wind is howling in the chimney and the wood smoke tickling my nose, and
'twill soon be time to put supper on.  --  Griff