IB fall spot

Are all fall spots on SDBs pumila spots or are some TB spot
(variegata/umbrata)? If some are from one set of genes (chromosome pairs) and
some from another, do they look different? Do they look different in IBs?

Or is this another one of my unanswerable questions?
(expecting a loud silence...;-)) I think this is a perfectly fair question
Linda, especially if you haven't seen any or many of these IB's. From what I
have observed, all the ones from Zing Me or Celcius (etc) breeding, from Barry
Blyth, have a pumila spot. The just looklike IB's with an SDB pattern. I would
challenge Chuck Chapmans idea that they are all 12, 12, 12, 8. I suspect that
they are actually 12, 12, 8, 8, and possibly it is necessary to have at least
2 pumila genes to display the spot pattern.This would explain why the
offspring of fertile IB's have very low fertility, and also why they do not
carry the spot pattern.It is interesting to see some of the photos of
seedlings from this breeding, showing spot patterns further along the line.It
gives one hope. If the pumila spot can be brought up into the IB/BB class,
then I see no reason, given plenty of timeand some flukes of nature, why it
shouldn't eventually show up in TB's. Those TB's may carry smaller flowers and
have limited fertility, but eventually persistance and selection may win the
day.My own sdg from Ingenious is tall, and certainly looks as if it has a
pumila spot, but may inherit its spot pattern fromits AB parent. I should have
more blooms from it next year, and will persist in trying to cross it. Cheers,
Jan, in Australia, relaxing in a brief post Christmas lull.