Renown - about to bloom again despite frosts

  • Subject: Renown - about to bloom again despite frosts
  • From: Blanka Caen <blanka.caen@virgin.net>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 23:06:55 +0000

I just thought I'd share this with everyone - I got one rhizome of the above 2 years ago and I now have 3 strong clumps and one of them is sending up flower spikes with well-formed buds for the third time this year. The rebloom started in late August and only finished in early November, and here we go one more time. What a fabulous plant!

We have had relatively warm weather (10+ deg. C during the day), alternating wet and dry, and more recently dry and bright and sunny and cold, only a few degrees above zero with mild overnight frosts. It just seems to keep going ... and the late blooms are as large and strongly scented as the spring ones, and generally last longer.

I am in southern England.

Best wishes to everyone, Blanka