HYB: snapped stalk result

  • Subject: HYB: snapped stalk result
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:07:02 -0500

Stalk was snapped during microburst (tornadic) winds 5 days after pollination.

I brought it indoors, laid it on the windowsill where it got a few hours of filtered sun in the morning. It did not rot. Ripened 55 seeds; as soon as the pod started to split, the pod went directly into a loosely closed baggie in the fridge, shelled and burrito'd eventually; in the fridge for 4 months, when seeds started to sprout; one of those sprouts is now above ground.

I am pretty amazed that a 5 day old "pod" could ripen viable seeds!

IMMAMY:(IMM x AMITY ESTATE) X IC1:(IMM x CSONG).

I love going out to look for new little bits of seedling green this time of year!
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8