Re: HYB: Snapped stalk result

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Snapped stalk result
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 19:08:42 -0800 (PST)

I have noticed that pods tend to develop to "full" size within two weeks after

Since I collect all my seed pods on a designated day, usually
between 4th and 10th of July, I shell pods at different stages of development,
rarely mature enough to begin to split.  My observation is that there is more
pith to remove on less mature pods and as might be expected less mature pods
yield slightly smaller seeds.

Given the above, I wonder if the seeds absorb
the pith somehow.