Re: CULT: seed management

  • Subject: Re: CULT: seed management
  • From: autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 18:58:07 -0500

<<cold time
that is required to stimulate germination,>>

Hi Christian,

I don't have room to get involved with the burrito seed germination, but, if many hours of cold temperatures aid in germination, my seedlings should show a high percentage of germination this year!??I'd barely gotten the seed in the pots when it turned cold.???

Most of the seedlings I get planted by June 15 will boom the next spring.? None of the seedling planted around Sept 1-15 will not bloom the next/first spring.? I find it best to have the beds ready late the fall before.? This way a wet or cold spring doesn't effect me much.? I prepare 4 X 50 foot beds and usually plant four rows per bed spaced about 8 inches apart.? I won't put that many in the seedling beds next spring but I'm not sure just what spacing I will use.? I'm going back to landscape fabric to cover them.? Still working on it.?

Betty W.