Re:HYB: Broken Color

  • Subject: Re:HYB: Broken Color
  • From: RAINACRE@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:47:11 EST

In a message dated 12/24/2008 8:46:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
iris-owner@hort.net writes:

iris  DIGEST        Wednesday, December 24 2008     Volume 01 : Number 746

In this  issue:

[iris] HYB:BC:
[iris] OT:  Christmas  Greetings

Date:  Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:36:26 -0500
From: autmirislvr@aol.com
Subject:  [iris] HYB:BC:

I'm posting this on both the iris list and the photo  list.?

The recent discussion on broken color generated a request  (Linda)?that I
repost a picture of this seedling?which popped up spontaneously  from my breeding
for red/yellow reblooming plicata.? I don't breed for broken  color.?

Cross:
The pod parent was introduced as All Revved Up and  the pollen parent of ARU
is Radiant Bliss.? On the pollen side we have Radiant  Bliss again crossed by
pollen from a seedling related to?Rebound.??

1510-01Re:Innocent Star x (Earl of Essex x Hot Streak) X  1402-01:0924-01Re(E
arl of Essex x Hot Streak) x 0927-01: (Theatre x (Highland  Chief x Earl of
Essex))

Condensed=All Revved Up X (Radiant Bliss x  (Theatre x (Highland Chief x Earl
of Essex))

Each bloom is marked  differently.? It's my belief that the broken color
comes from Theatre.? None  have appeared from other crosses with either Radiant
Bliss or Rebound.?

Broken color irises have not grown well in my gardens, but this one  appears
to be quite strong.??A couple of clumps?have been moved to my reselect  bed.?
A sibling did rebloom but not this one.?

Betty W.?
Bridge In  Time
KY-zone 6

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type  image/pjpeg which had a name of
1809-2bc.jpg]