I've not made crosses for broken color, so I have no idea what type of irises I would need to use.? This is the only one I've produced except maybe the pollen parent.? This was a plicata cross, but I'd say 1809-02 is either a purple bitone or a self.? Unless, of course, it's true identity is hidden.?

Betty W.?

<<Cross: >>

-----Original Message-----
From: autmirislvr@aol.com
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com; iris@hort.net
Sent: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 8:36 am
Subject: [iris] HYB:BC:

I'm posting this on both the iris list and the photo list.?

The recent discussion on broken color generated a request (Linda)?that I repost
a picture of this seedling?which popped up spontaneously from my breeding for
red/yellow reblooming plicata.? I don't breed for broken color.?

The pod parent was introduced as All Revved Up and the pollen parent of ARU is
Radiant Bliss.? On the pollen side we have Radiant Bliss again crossed by pollen
from a seedling related to?Rebound.??

1510-01Re:Innocent Star x (Earl of Essex x Hot Streak) X 1402-01:0924-01Re(Earl
of Essex x Hot Streak) x 0927-01: (Theatre x (Highland Chief x Earl of Essex))

Condensed=All Revved Up X (Radiant Bliss x (Theatre x (Highland Chief x Earl of

Each bloom is marked differently.? It's my belief that the broken color comes
from Theatre.? None have appeared from other crosses with either Radiant Bliss
or Rebound.?

Broken color irises have not grown well in my gardens, but this one appears to
be quite strong.??A couple of clumps?have been moved to my reselect bed.? A
sibling did rebloom but not this one.?

Betty W.?
Bridge In Time
KY-zone 6

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of