Re: Re: Broken Colour

  • Subject: Re: Re: Broken Colour
  • From: autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 07:12:15 -0500

I probably should stay out of this discussion since I know nothing about broken color genes, but . . .

My bc child varies spots from one flower to another.? Talk about jumping!??Are 'jumping gene' and 'unstable gene' just variations of the same description??

Of note, this particular seedling (1809-02) has both white splashes and darker purple splashes.? This seems like a more complicated occurance of the transposon?? Or do I just not grow enough bc irises to have seen it before??

<< transposon. This is sometimes called a jumping gene,>>