Re: REB: Forever Blue & Autumn Twilight?
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: REB: Forever Blue & Autumn Twilight?
  • From: Phloid <phloid@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 21:45:38 -0500

I'm an historic irises nut. Thank you for looking back directly to historic materials in your breeding work. You must have an interest in G.P. Brown? We spoke about your having Summer Whitewings awhile back. My grasp of breeding nuts and bolts is very limited. I think I read in an old thread Walter Moore saying many of Brown's irises would bloom in summer heat even if they died from the stress. Sounds like if one could capture that drive and put in stamina from somewhere else it could be interesting.

Forever Blue has grown very well here but in it's two years it has not rebloomed for me here in z6b bordering 7a. Being in the mountains we get cool nights starting in late Aug and chilly ones by late Sep. That obviously has not been a ticket to re.

Where did you source your AT. Iris City perhaps?