Re: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Mike Lowe wrote:

> This is a tale of the good, the bad and the ugly....
>
> Disclaimer--this only applies to performance of cultivars in Rick and
> Roger's garden in California and Mike and Anne's garden in Virgina.........
>

> To view pictures of 'Tempting Fate' 'Bright Hour' and 'Wabash' point your
> browser at http://www.tricities.net/~mikelowe/ and when the HIPS page loads
> scroll down just past the news item on Eleanor Roosevelt and click on
> GBU....

Is the bloom in the picture of Wabash fresh? If so, I probably have
not ever seen the real thing. The photo is depressingly pinched and
droopy. What I'be seen (including one by a swimming pool at one of
the nationals a few years ago) seemed smaller-bloomed but with good
substance.

Anyhoo, thanks for the pix!

Gerry in once-again-soggy Los Angeles