Re: First Iris Bloom of the 1997 Season!!!!

	Robert Turley wrote:
>It is my pleasure to announce the first iris to bloom for the 1997 season!
> ROSE CARTWHEEL (Granger '80) open its first bud into a medium rose pink,
>golden signals in a cartwheel form bloom this New Years Eve day.

	Happy irising to you and a Happy 1997 from Northern New Hampshire
	where it is now -8 degrees F and will be -20 degrees F tonight...
	we went out for dinner this New Year's Eve with friends and I wore
	slacks with wool long-johns under them!

	Ellen Gallagher
	Lancaster, NH, USA
	USDA Zone 3 and how!