weed control

I became interested in irises when I bought my house. A sunny
hillside of small, not too spectacular but fragrant bearded irises, probably
planted in the 30's was on the property. I tried to control the grasses by
lifting and replanting everything about 2 years ago. At this time I
treated the area with Roundup. I wish now that I had also used a
preemergent to treat the soil. In any case I am now right back where I
started from; tall grasses growing in between the irises. Someone
suggested to me that I use a selection of herbicides called Over the Top,
or Poast, or Advantage. They maintained that these would kill the grasses
but not the irises. I've never heard of any of them, and never seen them
for sale.  Has anyone used any of these herbicides, or can you offer any
suggestions for controlling tall grass in between the irises?  Thank you!
Judy Sylvester