LMann76543@aol.com wrote:
> Anybody out there have some HELEN COLLINGWOOD they'd swap me for something?
>  Is HELEN fragrant?  WABASH isn't, as I recall.
> Lloyd Zurbrigg said
> <I made some crosses with it [HELEN COLLINGWOOD] just a few years ago, but
> was
> quite disappointed with the progeny. >
> What kinds of varieties did you cross it with?  What was it that was
> disappointing?  Ugly?
> Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east Tennessee USA

I consider "Tempting Fate" by Duane Meek introduced in 1993 as the
premier dark amoena today.  My opinion!  Fabulous.  The R&I describes it
as S. blue-white, flushed deeper at midrib; F, very dark black-purple
with small ray pattern at tip of beards; lavender beards tipped bronze.
Parentage: (Premonition X Pacific Shores) X Graduation.

I suspect you do not grow it, as you would not be talking about Wabash
or Helen Collingwood for hybridizing.  I know it grows well in the West,
but not sure of the Mid-west or East.  Anyone out there growing it?  Let
us know.

I wish I had my scanner hooked up to my new computer so I could shoot
you a picture of it.

Can only suggest you try it and be amazed!

Rick Tasco
Central California
Zone 8.5