Re: Be Mine

<< Does the iris Be Mine grow as well for anyone else as it does here in
 California?  Always a good and dependable grower for me.  I have heard
 reports that it reblooms, but never here. >>

The peachy pink BE MINE, one of the nicest early introductions by Monte
Byers, does so nicely here in Virginia that I used it in some crosses to try
to get vigor in a frustrating "peach" line I have had going for many years.
 Unfortunately, although I did get the increased vigor I was striving for, BE
MINE's form seemed to be always dominant (and it was the large, ruffled,
laced flowers of my line that I wanted!)  I have kept two seedlings with some

Still, BE MINE is a nicely branched, very vigorous iris that produces lots of
flowers.  It is a good peach colored garden iris in the East (which
includesTennessee).  Clarence Mahan in VA