Re: iris dreams/solstice/WABASH X MULBERRY ROSE

In a message dated 96-12-27 00:30:50 EST, Clarence wrote:

<< Actually, WABASH was one of the last really famous recessive amoena
 irises introduced.  There were a few others, such as ELIZABETH NOBLE, but
 none reached the glory that came to WABASH. >>

Clarence, this is really getting interesting!  I have always been very
attracted to HELEN COLLINGWOOD, as well as WABASH, and now I see (simplified
version--WABASH begat HELEN COLLINGWOOD, which begat ELIZABETH NOBLE).  So
are all 3 of these recessive amoenas?  And eastern hybridizers' creations, to
boot.  Very interesting--did anything follow ELIZABETH NOBLE?  Guess I should
find a list of Kenneth Smith's intros...

Dorothy Fingerhood  (who has NO knowledge of iris genetics and breeding)
Newfield, NY