Iris Things

> On 12/25/96 Dana Brown wrote:
>
> From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
> Subject: iris things
>
> One of the things that Santa brought to me was some of the postcards
> from Anastasia Czerniakiewicz.  They are absolutely beautiful.  I am
> going to have trouble using them.  They are so pretty I want to just
> put them away and save them for ME.  They have a copy of her painting
> of the iris "Let's Dance" on them and come complete with envelopes.
> R. Nelson should tell her thank-you because if I can find this iris in a
>
> catalog I am going to order it next year.  I wouldn't vote for an iris
> from a picture but I will buy one based on Anastasia's paintings.
> If you haven't been to her web page and seen her lovely things you
> ought to make the trip.  You can find her marvelous paintings at
> http://www.teleport.com/~painting

Dana,
Thank you very much for your public endorsement. I love to paint irises, and my two
sources so far have been the irises blooming at Schreiner's in 1994 and 1995 and at
Cooley's in 1996. My husband is the photographer and since when we started photographing
irises I had no idea I was going to love painting them so much and that I would need to
know their names I did not keep track of the varieties.

By carefully looking at the appropriate catalogs I believe that "Let's Dance" comes from
Schreiner's and it is in the 1994 catalog called "Caramba". This seems to be the one
that most closely resembles the original photograph (and painting).

Marilyn Harlow, after seing the picture in the postcard, wrote me a note saying that she
was sending it to its "creator" in case he had not seen it. I do not know who that
person is, but maybe she will tell you.

Thank you again.

	Anastasia
----