Re: MAYTAG RED returns!

Donald Mosser wrote:

> See it fast before it disappears again.  The legally grown form of MAYTAG
> RED is back once again for your viewing enjoyment at this URL:
> http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/5570/maytag.htm

Chris writes:
Glad to see MAYTAG RED back flowering in all of its digital glory! I
notice that the Law of Supply and Demand is also functioning well with
the price for this iris reaching an almost "unbelievable" amount and
reversing the Law of Iris Pricing by costing more each subsequent year
after introduction.

Two things that I wanted to ask about;
1. I had heard reports of the clean scent of this iris, very unusual,
somewhat like fresh windblown laundry on the line in the yard. Please
confirm.
2. What is the parentage of this iris? I had heard it could be TALL
TALES x WILLIAM GATES or TALL TALES x MACINTOSH. Please confirm... I do
know for sure that there is some Iris siliconica in the genetic
background.

Waiting in antici......pation for this years crop release of MAYTAG RED!
--
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b