Re: Dominant & Recessive Amoenas

Lloyd Zurbrigg wrote, of dominant and recessive amoenas:

:  I think there could be a place for such crosses.
:  The recessives have a charm that is missing from the dominants.

I agree.  Barry Blyth has produced some very nice things by maintaining parallel
lines and intercrossing them. For example, his CHINESE EMPRESS  has icy blue
standards, and red-violet-black falls with a plush finish.  Crossed with one of
Holden's tetraploid arils, it produced my hands-down-favorite F1 arilbred --
color much like that of CHINESE EMPRESS but with less red in the falls, combined
with rounded form & velvety signal.

No, this isn't a sales pitch.  I don't have enough stock to introduce it in '97!

Sharon McAllister