Re: iris dreams/solstice/WABASH X MULBERRY ROSE

>LIAISON was one that I did try, partly because of the noisy haft,
>partly because of the  parentage. How has it done for you?  Lloyd Z.

I would never have tried LIAISON - I saw it in Julie Allen's garden and it
had those tell-tale rusty (dead and shriveled) outer leaves that are a sure
sign of an iris that will rot in my garden, but Julie wisely insisted that I
grow it.  It rots, it lives, it blooms, it's gorgeous.  It is a poor
performer - the bloom stalks usually rot and fall over (which means I can cut
and take them indoors guilt free), but I could probably get some live pollen,
and last time I checked, it was still alive.  I've had it for ?5 yrs? or so?
in the same location, which was 'new ground' to start with.