Re: "Black" Iris, DUSKY C.

Quite a while ago, Sharon McAllister said
> .....Dr. Peter Werckmeister's...genetic model.   He described the pigment
as being concentrated in the epidermis, with brown-black the result of a
combination of intense violet cell sap and yellow plastids in the cell wall.
 It seems to me that there is also
>an approach to black from the violet side that doesn't include the yellow.
>I've looked at enough TB petals under a magnifying glass ...

I was looking at photos of BEFORE THE STORM and thinking about DUSKY
CHALLENGER - BEFORE THE STORM is a flat black to my eye, almost absorbs
light.  Dusky C has a sheen to its flowers that seems quite unique.  Sharon
(or anyone), have you looked at the petals of these two?  I wondered what
makes such a different quality of color in these two iris.

Also, seems like I recall Dusky C is registered with unknown parentage -
anybody making guesses as to likely parents and where that sheen comes from?