Re: iris dreams/solstice/WABASH X MULBERRY ROSE

<<  spoke once upon a time to Robert Schreiner, asking
 him if he had ever crossed the recessive and the dominant amoenas together.
  He thought there was no future in this , the dominants being so much
 and of higher quality. But I think there could be a place for such crosses.
 The recessives have a charm that is missing from the dominants. >>

I totally concur with Lloyd Zurbrigg's remarks above.  Not only do the
recessive amoena's have a charm all their own, but I can think of no dominant
amoena with standards as crisp white or falls as rich purple as the recessive
amoenas.  They are so difficult to work with, that few breeders have the
stamina to take up the goal of a recessive amoena with "modern" form, large
flower, and minimal haft markings...ah, it is the haft markings that are so
difficult to eliminate!  What a great challenge for a beginning hybridizer to
work on! Clarence Mahan in VA