Re: Haft Markings

Clarence writes:
>I totally concur with Lloyd Zurbrigg's remarks above.  Not only do the
>recessive amoena's have a charm all their
own,....................................  >They are so difficult to work with,
that few breeders have the
>stamina to take up the goal of a recessive amoena with "modern" form, large
>flower, and minimal haft markings...ah, it is the haft markings that are so
>difficult to eliminate!

My question is why try to eliminate the haft markings? Is this strictly a
matter of personal preference? I hope so because I really like the haft
markings, in fact the bolder the better for my taste. Is this something AIS
judges would use as points against an Iris?

Jefrie Jenkins
Kent, WA zone 5, AIS region 13