Re: iris things

<< One of the things that Santa brought to me was some of the postcards
 from Anastasia Czerniakiewicz.  They are absolutely beautiful.  I am
 going to have trouble using them.  They are so pretty I want to just put
 them away and save them for ME.  >>

Let me give you a suggestion on how you can use your beautiful postcards and
keep them too.  Years ago I started keeping iris scrapbooks of iris cards.
 If you are in iris round robins there are times when you just don't have
time to write a long letter...and in such a case a robin member should not
hold the robin but rather put a small note in and send the robin on.

So, what I do is put a small note on a note card or postcard with a beautiful
iris design into the robin, advising the others that I don't have time to
make a contribution this round.  Then when the robin returns, and you have to
remove your last contribution, I have my iris card to put into my scrapbook
(Actually I have a ton of material waiting to be put into scrapbooks, because
one should never do today what can best be left til tomorrow.)

In closing, I will tell you about one of the Christmas gifts from my
daughter: a box of note cards with an elegant stylized iris, each hand
painted on 100% cotton paper, produced by J. Stone of One J. Stone Plaza,
Silverton, Oregon 97381.  These individually painted cards are superb (but I
suspect the price is also).  On the back of the box it says "Thank you for
enjoying our work! In peace, J. Stone."  Isn't that a nice touch?    Clarence
Mahan in VA