Re: Tennessee

Greg McCullough said
>in the 1930s and 40s Nashville was the center of the iris universe.

I wonder why that tradition hasn't continued?  I know there are still a lot
of active AIS clubs in and around Nashville, but I don't hear much about
award winning bearded iris currently being hybridized in Nashville or
elsewhere in Tennessee.  The '80's checklists only mention two hybridizers -
Jim Brown, Memphis, and William T. Bledsoe, Fayetteville, and the '90s
checklists that I have only list Gary Sides, Lewisburg.

What happened?