RE: iris things

Dana writes:
>One of the things that Santa brought to me was some of the postcards
>from Anastasia Czerniakiewicz..................  They have a copy of her
painting >of the iris "Let's Dance" on them and come complete with envelopes.
R. >Nelson should tell her thank-you because if I can find this iris in a
catalog I
>am going to order it next year

I have been to Anastasia's web page and seen the painting of "Let's Dance",
although a beautiful painting I don't think it caught the true essence of
"Let's Dance". It is one of my very favorites. I showed it in our Iris show
last year (my first show) and took a blue ribbon. There was also a visitor to
the show who was so enamored of this iris that she wanted my home address so
she could come and get some. It took quite a bit of convincing that I didn't
sell Iris from my house and that my give aways were to the Iris Society and
she should come to the sale if she wanted "Let's Dance".

I have three seperate clumps of it in my garden, one of which could be divided
this year. I've been using it in my hybridizing. It is very hardy fast growing
and a consistent bloomer for me. The only drawback to it at all is that it is
one that the slugs are truly fond of. If you would like a rhizome, send me
your snail-mail address & I'll send you one next summer.

Jefrie Jenkins
Kent, WA zone 5
e-mail: Leon_Adams_Jr@MSN.com