Re: flower books & Iris Junk

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: flower books & Iris Junk
  • From: "Merrily A. Smith" <nppo@loc.gov>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 18:02:50 -0500 (EST)

Ellen: Depending on the size of the materials, they might do well in
preservation-quality document storage boxes.  I use them myself, and the
Library of Congress has millions of diverse items stored in them.  If you
like, I would be happy to suggest names of a few suppliers.  Merrily

On Thu, 26 Dec 1996 DFingerhoo@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 96-12-26 10:11:17 EST, Ellen wrote:
> << Another gift is a bookcase (still in the works in our basement
>  	for my flower book and bulletins, etc.
>  	Actually, it is my gift to them - every table-top is covered with my
>  	flower-stuff and the bookcases are overflowing with my `junk' as my
>  	eldest son put it. >>
> Ellen, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with an "iris junk" problem!
>  Should I print out the part about the private bookcase and hand it to my
> accuser?   :-)
> Actually, I'm not at all sure that would solve the problem.  What do you
> other iris folks do about several "in-process" iris projects, each with its
> own pile of stuff, taking over the horizontal surfaces in the house?  Problem
> is--I never have a big chunk of time to work on anything, and putting it all
> away, then digging it out again next time, would consume a good part of the
> available time!  Possible solutions are hereby solicited...it would be great
> to start the New Year with a better handle on this.
> Dorothy Fingerhood
> DFingerhoo@aol.com
> Newfield, NY  (Only a dusting of snow for Christmas, but cold (30 F) today)

Merrily A. Smith
Assistant to the Director
for Preservation
Library of Congress, LM-G21